Ok - cutting through the grease here like a discarded body building supplement through an underground fatberg (read the news - it's a good simile).
Last time out one member left the flock for the trifling reason of 'spammy content'. *yesweseethatandithurts* I guess the opening paragraph about the weather was little trite, but you have to push through to get to the good stuff.
Good stuff like this; presented here in an easily digestible list form because people seem to like that. Blame buzzfeed but don't dress it up and take it out on the town thinking you're fooling anyone...
23 great reasons to visit Behind This Wall this week!!!!!!:
- We built a DJ booth
- It comes down from the ceiling on pulleys
- Yup, that strange box hanging precariously over the dancefloor is not an air conditioning unit
- It has two decks and a mixer in it
- We will use it on Sundays (and maybe some Thursdays)
- Sundays like this one coming
- Where we will be in collab with the good folk at Reyka Vodka (told you last time we liked them)
- We'll also be exploring rare/unheard Icelandic psych/funk/soul from the 70s and 80s
- Check the facebook event out
- There will be a punch bowl - proceeds of which will go to crowdfunding the Icelandic cricket team
- The football team did well so we thought why not give 'em a hand to get a summer activity on the get go?
- They have enough light in summer
- But, this is the idea for 'Liner Notes' you see
- We'll be doing one every month or so
- Where you can get closer to a brand we love and dig around an oddball native music scene that accompanies it
- There will be lots of lovely Icelandic drinks & other bits
- You can visit at other times too
- This is quite hard to fill out
- And we don't have a natty map or graphic to support it
- So, we imagine you're quite bored now
- Can we throw a free Vodka Tonic your way?
- Come to the bar and say 'I got to 21' and we'll give you one
- That's it.
Surviving heat rash
Last week was hot and you all decided to go to the park which we don't blame you for. But with the dangers of dIY BBQing now well documented in the mainstream media, you should really look to establishments like ours for refuge after a long day frazzling yourselves outside.
There's an old wives tale that you should never eat an oyster in a month without an 'R' in it. With that in mind we'll be ceasing to shuck from May 1st through to the end of August while the little fellas do their breeding business in peace. This means there'll be a new exciting food offering launching instead: making us - your friendly, local, neighbourhood basement bar - the perfect hotspot to recharge on your way home.
Watch for the announcement next week. ✌︎