CBD Cocktail Recipes to Relax & Entertain Your Guests
We all love a good cocktail – and since you’ve probably already tried all the good stuff, how about taking things to the next level? If you don’t mind introducing an entirely different compound to your drink, then CBD cocktails are perfect for you.
One benefit of adding CBD to your drink is that it actually prevents those awful hangovers, improves cognitive function when drinking, and reduces the symptoms of intoxication. Keep in mind this doesn’t mean you can keep chugging those cocktails without getting drunk; it just means you’re able to enjoy many of the benefits of CBD, and still get drunk.
Before we get on to the recipes, let’s address a few common questions:
• What is the proper CBD dosage for a cocktail?
Just use a reasonable amount of CBD in your ingredients. One thing to keep in mind though; smaller doses make you sharper, but in high doses, it can make you sleepy.
• Can you OD on cannabidiol?
This isn’t possible, but most CBD products recommend a dosage of up-to 50mg per use.
Here are 4 amazing CBD cocktails to try today!
1) The Derby Cocktail
There’s a long standing tradition of cocktails and horse racing, and the Derby Cocktail is a classic.
• 2 oz (60 ml) CBD-infused bourbon (how to get CBD into bourbon)
• ½ oz (15 ml) orange curacao
• ½ oz (15 ml) sweet vermouth
• 1 mint leaf
• 1 lime wedge
• Fill a cocktail shaker with ice
• Add the bourbon, sweet mouth, and lime – shake well
• Strain the mixture into a glass
• Add mint leaf and lime wedge
It’s always a good idea to include fruit in your cocktails because apart from improving taste, it reminds you to eat healthy food. Lime juice containsantioxidant properties and it’s great for the immune system; and when combined with CBD, it makes for a nice drink.
2) CBD Mint Julep
• 15 ml CBD oil
• 6 mint leaves
• 2 ½ (75 ml) ounce bourbon
• ½ (15 ml) ounce syrup
Fantastic drink for when you need to unwind in the evening. Has a rejuvenating taste that will definitely get you in a higher vibration and move away from stress.
• Put the CBD into a julep cup and add the leaves. Crush the leaves and add the bourbon
• Swizzle the mixture and top off with ice
• Garnish with more fresh leaves and/or mint sprigs
3) CBD Pimm’s Cup
• 1 Lemon
• 2 ounces sweet ginger beer
• 1 Cucumber slice
• 10 ml CBD oil
Mix up this drink with friends and family, or when a beer won’t do. A squeeze of CBD oil combined with ginger beer, lemon, and fresh cucumber slice will do the trick – and you’re free to try different amounts of the ingredients.
• Mix up the ginger beer and CBD oil in a shaker
• Squeeze the lemon into the mixture and shake
• Pour into a glass, add a cucumber
• Drink with ice (optional)
4) Sour T-iesel Cocktail
• 2 ½ oz (75 ml) tequila
• 1 oz (30 ml) fresh lime juice
• 6 mint leaves
This cocktail was first sold at Maxwell Reis, a restaurant in West Hollywood. Try with more variations of the ingredients to modify taste.
• Crush a few leaves and place in a shaker
• Mix the rest of the ingredients in a shaker for a minute
• Pour into a glass with a pinch of salt, and some ice
CBD cocktails are easy and fun!
It’s fun to mix up drinks at home especially when you have company – so the next time you want to bring the party to your place, have something unique to serve. Remember, adding CBD to your glass means the alcohol won’t quite hit you as bluntly as it normally does, so the conversation should keep going for a while longer.
In case you drink too much on your night out with friends, or you suspect a hangover is in the works, take CBD as a tincture or gummy before going to bed, and hydrate to remove the toxins. CBD works well to keep you alert and remove toxins, but this process won’t work when liquids are low in the body, and alcohol hydrates. If some of your guests prefer to chew CBD, as opposed to taking it in a drink, there are tons of chewable CBD edibles with flavour such as mango, citrus, and chocolate.